GridStone Marketing is seeking an Account Director to join our growing team. The role of Account Director is a key position within our company and we are excited to have a dynamic, engaged person join our organization in this full-time role based out of our new 17th Ave SW location in Calgary.
We are seeking a creative and collaborative marketing professional with at least 5 years of experience in the business-to-business space – ideally with oil and gas/engineering/industrial experience. The ideal candidate will have a relevant diploma or degree; however, we will pay close attention to previous work experience – especially experience that showcases tenacity, determination, creativity and innovative thinking.
As a key member of our team, the Account Director is the client-facing representative providing marketing strategy, advice, information and ongoing communication with the client, while liaising with the GridStone Marketing team. The primary goal is to develop strong relationships with client contacts to understand their needs and requirements, and to deliver value.
In addition, the Account Director will work to connect with potential clients and bring new business into the organization. As a key member of the GridStone team, we are looking for an individual who is keen to help us grow and is enthusiastic about new opportunities.
Aptitudes and Skills:
- Amazing customer service: delivering exceptional customer service is top priority
- Strong communication skills: ability to write and verbally articulate ideas and concepts
- Great work ethic: ability to work with little supervision and focus on what needs to get done
- Solid team player who is able to lead or follow as required: great interpersonal skills and a high EQ
- Troubleshooter and fixer: ability to find a way to make it work
- High degree of curiosity and learning drive: asks questions and wants to understand how things work
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing strategies for clients to provide a focus and direction for the client’s marketing program.
- Work to understand the opportunities and gaps in a client’s marketing program and provide solutions for next steps.
- Create the marketing strategy through research, interviews and other vehicles that positions our clients for growth.
- Present the marketing strategy to the client in person taking them through the program and how it will positively impact their business growth.
- Translate marketing strategies into day-to-day tactics and work with the GridStone team to implement these activities.
- Have an overall view of the client and client’s business requirements as they relate to marketing and where each of the projects are within the acceptable timelines.
- Be the chief cheerleader and taskmaster to keep projects moving forward both on the client side and with the GridStone team.
- Provide writing and editing skills for clients as required, ensuring all emails/presentations have a second set of eyes (by a GridStone team member) on any client directed communication.
- Actively manage client projects to keep them on schedule and on budget.
- Be the client-facing representative providing marketing strategy, advice, information and ongoing communication with the client, while liaising with the GridStone Marketing team.
- Create workplans for new projects and manage client relationships while tracking projects, timelines and budgets.
- Meet with clients regularly to provide updates on projects and to communicate any issues, concerns or next steps that the client is responsible for.
- Develop strong relationships with client contacts to understand their needs and requirements, and to deliver value.
- Provide ongoing support to clients through numerous means, including email, phone/Skype meetings or in-person support.
- Identify development potential in existing accounts by evaluating additional marketing needs and analyzing opportunities.
- Participate in new sales / business development initiatives by supporting members of the GridStone team, attending business development meetings, reviewing proposals and building relationships.
- Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current marketing requirements and the business environment.
- Work to bring in new business by identifying prospects and working to meet and sell to these new prospects in coordination with the rest of the GridStone team.
- Update industry/job knowledge by reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organization events/activities such as webinars, luncheons or breakfasts.
- Enhance the GridStone reputation and brand through marketing, business development and other opportunities to add value the GridStone brand.
This job posting closes July 31. To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.